Thursday, June 11, 2009

SYTYCD Top 20 perform


My favorite summer show started off with a bang last night as the Top 20 finalists for "So You Think You Can Dance" hit the floor! I think it's too early for me to say who my favorite couple of the season is, so I'll try to pick some favs for the night. 

  • I absolutely loved Phillip and Jeanine's hip-hop choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon. It reminded me so much of Chelsie and Mark's romantic hip-hop last season to "Bleeding Love." 
  • Randi and Evan were so adorable! I loved their Tyce Diorio-choreographed jazz routine. I think if these two keep it up, they could be my favorite of the season.
  • Melissa and Ade's contemporary dance choreographed by Mandy Moore was beautiful. I wasn't sure I would like the self-titled "naughty ballerina," but after this dance, I cannot wait for what they'll dance next week.
  • Having been one of my favorite girls since the beginning, obviously I loved Kayla's samba with Max. She is such an amazing dancer and I think was accurately pegged as one to watch for the season.
I will try to find some videos of the dances online to post, but until I do, read the full recap from E!Online's "Watch with Kristin" here. EW.com has one too. Any predictions on who's going home in tonight's first elimination? My guess would be Asuka and Vitolio - both amazing dancers, but they didn't perform as well as the rest of the contestants. 

(photo via E!Online, Fox)

No comments:

Post a Comment