Monday, February 16, 2009

Chris Brown releases statement


Chris Brown released a statement today—his first since his arrest Feb. 8 on felony battery charges. EW.com cites a CNN report:

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

The R&B star was arrested and released the day of the Grammy Awards for allegedly beating up his girlfriend, Rihanna. My thoughts are with Rihanna, who has not made any public statements since the incident. It's hard to know which reports in the media have been accurate. The investigation is still ongoing, so details may not be released soon.

(photo courtesy EW)

No comments:

Post a Comment