Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jackie on VF's October cover


Jacqueline Kennedy is the focus of Vanity Fair's October issue, but I believe the real "star" will be Levi Johnston, the father of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's grandson. Bristol Palin's baby daddy tells all in the new issue.

I'm not sure yet what to make of the article. I know Johnston took a media tour through New York during the summer, but I basically took it as a joke. Not to say I'm on the Palins' side, but I saw him as someone screaming for attention by going on talk shows—much as Jon and Kate Gosselin have been doing lately. It makes me wonder why we even care, and why I was somewhat surprised Vanity Fair would have an article featuring him.

It's interesting to see the inside story of politicians, but Palin is no longer a politician. Palin was fun to poke fun at during the election, but the election is over, and frankly I wish the media would keep her out of the spotlight.

I will read the article, and post another entry about it if I have a different take on it afterward.

On a side note: I love the Kennedy archive, which I just found online. This is the second Kennedy to grace the cover and the fifth story on the famous family since I started subscribing in June 2008.

(photos via VF.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment